View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 08:04 PM
jaba

Totally understand. I look at the fabric, pick a pattern and then look to see if I have fabric that matches. Only problem is with hubby, no social security yet for men at his age, he could easily do a side job or 2 custom making cabinets and vanities, etc., which is what he does for a living, but then you have to have all the insurance and social security payments and etc..... What a pain. I owned grocery stores for years and when I was done I had a feeling it was time to be done. Thank heavens I was smart enough to get out before all the Walmarts and big chain stores came to town. Little individuals just can't compete, I had a great following but prices are prices. Very appreciative I had the opportunity to have my own business for many years but also glad I could retire when I wanted to. That "pay in" to social security kills you until retirement age. Advantage he has is that he pretty much works when he wants and takes off when he wants. He's building cabinets and bathroom vanities for my son's new house in Florida right now, think we'll have to take a trip and a little time off. Might have to ship them all and wait until the house is done so I can see the new....yup that would be smarter for sure!?!