View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 08:21 AM
laynak

Smile BOM to Finished Quilt -- Absolutely!

Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
laynak, do you complete the BOMs into a finished quilt? If so, then go for it. That is a great bargain, especially when batiks are involved. We are trying to reduce our stashes, not take away the fun of quilting. It's mindless buying that I personally want to curtail.
The blocks each month are different so finishing the quilt feels like completing a mystery quilt (though we did see a sample B/W photo of a complete quilt from the blocks at the start of the year).
I just finished the 2013 BOM patriotic quilt top that'll be going to my nephew who has returned from his 3rd tour in Afghanistan. And, completed a 'Cinco de Mayo' quilt the year before. I haven't posted photos recently but will need to get these uploaded soon.
It's amazing to find 100+ women at a small shop in a small town at 9 a.m. on the first Saturday of each month to get their new BOM and hear about classes and fabrics that have come available. There are raffles each month and discounts on fabrics that day only. It's tempting to shop, but there's such a line, it's easy to be there for the main purpose only (the BOM & monthly news).