View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 08:46 AM
sewNso

yes pam, it will work, and works wonderfully. I took a green crayon and marked my 3.5 in line up mark. lay the long edge across the bottom of your sewn together 1.5 in strips. when you flip your ruler, the bottom of the ruler will be along the other edge of your strips. the middle of your ruler, (3.5" mark) will be on just cut line. be very careful sewing you 1.5 in strips tgeter with a 1/4 " seam, and line your ruler up very carefully with the bottom. and I did lots of basting to make sure my pts would line up when I was sewing the pieces together.

took being careful, but it was so much fun to see that you could make it come out. whn laying pieces on top of each other to sew together, make sure you line the triangles up right on top of each other. you want the seams (of the squares) to end up being right squarely in each corner. that way when you start sewing your sides together Your pts will match up 1/4 " in. on the finishd seam.
white pine, yes, knew it was too small, but I usually make my pic's too big, and was trying not to do that this time.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]455641[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails jan-2014-mystery-quilt-477.jpg  

Last edited by sewNso; 01-09-2014 at 08:58 AM.