Old 01-09-2014, 09:24 AM
QuiltingNinaSue

New recipe by yours truly; easy soup for one or two people. I picked up the 'mug soup bowls' in Wal Mart, perfect for soup, or ice cream, etc, that dh loves. I stood staring at my pantry for a different but easy meal for one or two. Oh, a small can of red salmon was a good starting place. Grabbed it out, opened it with a can opener, drained off the liquids and put it into one of those mug soup bowls. Put spices in it for me, salt, pepper, celery flakes, teaspoon of butter, and some half and half, and regular milk, enough to make it as soupy as I wanted it, and heated it up in the microwave for three minutes. Delicious and easy. Now DH decided he would like some, so I repeated the above until it came to spices...he likes onion powder and garlic powder, so I added those to the ones I used above, adjusted the milk to his level of 'soup', and heated it up the same way. He loved it. No leftovers.

Guess I will add more salmon small cans to my next shopping list. Gee, it must have taken me three minutes to fix that perfect winter time soup for each of one of us. More time to quilt!