View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 04:33 PM
Jane3

Default 60 Degree Ruler - and need help.

I'm wanting to make a EASY Striped Table Runner that uses 60 degree ruler. I have a Marti Michell 60 degree ruler, 3-9". (The 3 sides of the triangle are blunt. They don't come to a point). I'm not sure how to use this. Pattern says to cut 2 strips 8.5" wide. I did this. It says Place the triangle ruler with base of of triangle, or the 8.5" line along the outside edge of my runner. I did this. Now it looks like I have to cut off a bit at the top. If I line up the 8.5" line at the base of material, then the "purple" point at top of ruler looks like it will end where I want - but I'll still have to trip off material at the top. When I place the 8.5" line at the base of the material 1. AM I SUPPOSE TO ALLOW FOR THE 1/4" seam? or 2. IS IT MORE IMPORTANT TO FIRST LINE UP THE POINT AT THE TOP TO BE WHERE I WANT IT TO BE. With my first 60 deg table runner, I don't want to have to bother with a strip in the center (when it's done). Thanks for your help. Yikes! I thought this would be simple. Maybe I'm making it too difficult.