Thread: Marti Mitchell
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 03:46 AM
Sandygirl

Originally Posted by bigsister63 View Post
I agree with you ladies! `There are always new rullers coming out that will make your life easier and your pocketbook lighter. With a little effort most standard rulers can be used for most cutting. So save your money to buy FABRIC , patterns and good basic rulers. I bought the rulers to go with a MM pattern and of course have not made the pattern or used the rulers.

I would generally agree with this advice but there are some ,me, who just love the convenience of the shortcut ruler. Not every quilter understands how to use the basic rulers and the indications on them. This Board is loaded with inquiries on "how to" do something. If memory serves me, Marti Michells' background is math. I dont discount her expertise. She is very talented and fun. I have sat through a few of her lectures. Her enthusiasm is contagious.

I struggled through Algrebra in High School. I figured that this required subject would keep me from graduating college. I had a college professor who understood that different minds process info in many ways, this instructor taught Algebra using three techniques. One of those techniques connected with my brain. I was grateful to FINALLY have a math teacher understand that not everyone gets it. I earned my degree on schedule, thanks to her expertise and my determination to "get it".

Sandy