View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 06:22 AM
luvTooQuilt

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

im floor to ceiling covered in bookcases filled with fabric, I'm good for a looooooooooooooong while.. 2012-2013 I cant recall buying anything except needles.. maybe a remnant or two at 50% off of 50%.... So for a few bucks i didnt count it as spending , especially when it was less than what my average lunch cost ..lol..

Our lovely quilting group lost a beloved quilter a few years back and her sons blessed us with boxes of fabric from her stash.. I was a lucky recipient of Yardage pieces- some as much as 10 yard pieces and nothing less than 2 yd cuts, so i have backing for many a quilts... IM a scrap quilter so i use almost everything and anything. nothing is wasted, even scraps less than 1.5 are cut unto 'fluff'' for stuffing pin cushions and what nots... So im in with you all.. theres really nothing i need that i cant make do from whats in my sewing room... I do have rolls of batting (poly blend and W&N) in the spare room so when we had the icky weather i had everything i needed...

Now if you were to ask me to do this 5 years ago, i would of thought you all are nuts, i have been 'hoarding' fabric since early 2009... i bought what i wanted when i wanted.. I bought bolts instead of yards after a few years of wondering what the heck i was going to do with just a FQ... So this year, like the last year IM NOT BUYING FABRIC !!! no backing, no border, no nothing (but pellon & Insulbrite as im out of that stuff !!)

So here is my wish and good luck to you all..
May you find the perfect fabric in your stash.. May your seams match up every time...And may your cuts be accurate !!!