Old 01-10-2014, 06:50 AM
bigsister63

Also make sure that the feed dogs are COMPLETELY down. the lever needs to go as far to the left as possible. I have this machine and have found that it is possible to do FMQ with the feed dogs lowered but not completely down. I ever touch the tension on either the foot, top thread or the bobbin since the tension /stitch length is controled by you. Also check to see if the needle or thread is rubbing against the hole in the FMQ foot. This foot seems a little loose on the shank so it is possible for it to shift slightly. Also I made the hole in this foot bigger so it would not rub agasinst the needle/thread. also make sure when you thread the top thread that the pressure foot is UP. With pressure foot up the top thread tension disk is open allowing the top thread to seat i it correctly. Good luck!!!!!!

Also make sure you have the correct bobbin size for this machine. Generic bobbins may look like they fit but can be sloppy in the bobbin holder. Best place to buy these bobbins is from Ken' s Sewing center on line.

Last edited by bigsister63; 01-10-2014 at 06:54 AM.