Old 01-10-2014, 01:41 PM
Dolphyngyrl

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk View Post
I have a Brother SQ 9000 I bought at Wal Mart several years ago. Only difference between a Brother machine from Wal Mart and another store is the price.
As an example.........When I was looking for an embroidery machine....Brother PE770 online from a store in New York vs. the LQS 25 miles from my house was a price difference of $600.00 for the same exact machine.

Brother does not make two of the same machine.......one made cheaply and one made "with better parts" to sell at different stores.

My SQ900 came with more feet than I can ever use. I didn't have to buy any extras. It does everything I ask of it. Those $2000.00 and up sewing machines can go haywire just as easy as the $200.00 one from Wal Mart.
Thanks for saying this. I don't know why people still believe they make cheaper models just for walmart, joanns or these other stores. Also I was not missing any parts from my walmart brother SQ-9050 and have had nothing but good things from this machine plastic gears and all, and would recommend to anyone looking for a low cost machine. I'd be hard pressed to spend more for the same machine at my dealer it just doesn't make sense to on a low end machine. I have bought all my low ends online or at walmart, and will continue to do so. Also I have had no trouble getting my low ends serviced for their regular cleaning. If your dealer doesn't service them then my advice get a new dealer. A good dealer will offer his or her services whether you purchased from them or not. If my dealer said no I would not be spending my thousands of dollars with him because it would be poor customer service and bad for repeat business