Old 01-10-2014, 02:41 PM
Rach L.

Default National Eldredge Two Spool Treadle - HELP

Hello!

Ok, I admit, I'm a total newbie....to both quilting AND to vintage machines (excuse me if I sound ridiculous about something...or everything). I'm one of those, jump in with both feet type people, and oftentimes I put the cart before the horse, so I'm hoping that getting information about this machine ahead of time will prevent disaster down the road.

I'm ready to buy my first treadle. I found a National Eldredge Two Spool in my area, and I'm hoping to buy it. I did confirm with the seller that it has the spool can, and they say it works (I will still confirm myself before buying). However, there are no additional parts. With me being so new to the vintage world, I'm hoping a few of you kind people can help me out, or point me in the right direction. What kind of needles will I need for this type of machine? Are there different presser feet available? Is there anything specific to pay attention to before buying the machine? Any information you can share about this treadle would be greatly appreciated! If anyone wants me to see a pick of the machine, I can probably post that....just to gather opinions.

If you're feeling particularly generous today, or have information, there is also a "New Domestic" treadle for sale. They say there's a drawer full of tools and parts. Same questions apply for this machine....needles, feet, etc.?

Thank you for reading my post, and thank you for sharing your information!