Old 01-11-2014, 03:07 PM
QuiltingNinaSue

Interesting dialog flying from Canada to Netherlands and back again...isn't it wonderful we all can communicate on QB board this way? By all means, Anael, we want pictures of the SewGrands on their birthday.

My new Alaska Star is all done:[ATTACH=CONFIG]456059[/ATTACH]Background is white with star an Air Force blue, with the center petal representing the 'black gold'=oil, gold represents gold, that is still being found up there, red is for the burning flame of propane, drilling companies burn off from the oil, making the sky red at night. Blue is for the Glaciers, waters, and ocean up there. You can see the fish literally swinning around, looking down into the clear waters there. And with 6 months of snow, there's all kinds of sports outside in the winter time, including dog sled racing...snowmobile racing....ice fishing. Dh was there 18 months of AF duty, I was there 13 months.

I wonder how many different blues and reds I can find for my stars...like that theme; never have done a 'whole' thing with one theme, so this will be the first for me. Illustrated by photos on Carrie's 50 Star site how to do the middle so lays flat. But you all probably know how to do that...just do not sew into the last 1/4 seam allowance in the center, let it twirl around instead.

This month dictates to me to do the Irish Mist, MBs, and SYEs, maybe some Sylvia, Dear Jane, and more stars. This warmer weather is a welcome break; trip to hometown was very pleasant this morning, all ice and snow is gone.
Attached Thumbnails dscn0089.jpg