Old 01-11-2014, 05:20 PM
pbadder

Originally Posted by jclinganrey View Post
Pat - your center 1/4 square triangle should measure 3" after cutting, 2 1/2" when finished. I don't try to 'square up' that particular piece before the rest of the piecing. Are you using a large 12 1/2" square? if so, use the 4 3/4" line on your center seam to start squaring. Turn & repeat using that same 4 3/4" line on your acrylic square.

Not sure I answered your question?? Hope so! Keep at it - - - -

Jane
after I sew my 4 6" squares together I measure 2" top and side at each corner. Than before I do any cutting I line up my seams top and bottom so the seams are on lines on my cutting board. Then I use my long big ruler and put one side by my one 2" mark say left top corner mark and the other side to match 2" mark at lower right side than cut across. That's my first cut and everything looks good. Than I take ruler and put one side on top left side 2" mark and the other side of ruler to line up with bottom lower right side 2" mark. I do the same with cuts 3 and 4 but they are opposite corners right top and lower left side. When done my center triangle square does measure 3" square but the triangles are not the same all around one is smaller than the other. I don't have problems squaring up block to 9 1/2" it is just my little middle block that opposite triangles are not the same one is smaller than the other. My center cut pieces do measure 3" wide and center one is 3".

Last edited by pbadder; 01-11-2014 at 05:32 PM.