Old 01-12-2014, 09:09 AM
janRN

I ran into a problem this morning and hope one of you can help me. I've been working with batiks for a long time. I test them, and if they seem like bleeders I launder them; also launder the dark colors. I'm using a dark brown/black swirls/beige thingys fabric that I did wash. It's not bleeding but black wax is coming off on my iron. I've never had this happen. I know re-washing it won't get the wax out so I just won't use this piece of fabric again unless someone knows what to do to fix it. Also, how do I get it off my iron?

Ggal, glad to hear from you and yes the weather is improving but it's so dark & dreary. Guess that's better than freezing & snowing. Your list is impressive but we'll help cheer you on.

Mirab, I usually end up with a few pieces left over when I do PB patterns--panic time! I go over what I've done to make sure something isn't missing in the block. Another thing I have to remind myself to do with her patterns is to read ahead. I made a door hanging that was supposed to have an oval shaped center; missed a few cuts so mine is a wonky oval. I really love the colors you're using.

QNS, the red, white, blue combo makes for a striking star.

Anael, thank you and your family for sharing this year with us--it has been scarey, motivational, hopeful, successful, and so much fun to watch the 3 kiddos grow.

Off to the Bat Cave. MrJanRn is helping our son install storage in his garage. Started at 10am; hope he's home by midnight LOL. Enjoy the day--do something you love.