Thread: Janome or Juki?
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 10:56 PM
Colorful1

Late to the party but have to say that several months ago, I sold my lovely Janome 7700 to purchase a Juki 2010q and have never looked back. It sews like a dream The stitches are gorgeous. It's mechanical, not computerized, so there're no concerns of failing circuitry and planned obsolescence. I love the threader and foot control thread trimmer. I purchased it primarily for walking foot straight stitch quilting but love it so much that it's replaced my vintage Bernina 1130 in piecing since it's so easy to get an accurate scant 1/4" seam using the compensating foot.
I have it in the Arrow table original Gidget 2 that I initially purchased for my 7700 Horizon. Although it comes w an extension table, I had a custom acrylic insert made to accommodate the presser foot knee lift. That, too, was worth every penny.
There is not a Juki dealer in my area so I purchased it from "icanhelpsew", an authorized Juki dealer w storefront and eBay seller whom I would highly recommend. The price was fantastic, it was first quality in unopened box, came w extras, and the customer service was outstanding.

Last edited by Colorful1; 01-12-2014 at 11:09 PM.