Old 01-13-2014, 03:04 PM
JeanieG

Anne - I got my block today in the mail. Ohhhh beautiful. I'll take a photo and post a little later!

Anael - KK is looking anything but happy with your applique work. My kitty just likes to lay on all the fabric. I have a devil of a time quilting, all the fabric with batting and backing is like a lure! "Here I come", he seems to say - and plops down right where I need to quilt!

QNS - will you share a recipe for that yummy looking cake? Wow, this looks wonderful, I can smell it already!

My DH put a Home Depot Wardrobe cabinet in the garage for me to store my batting and backings and other stuff in. We put shelves on both sides (suppose to have a rod for hanging clothes), so I'll have plenty of extra storage. I also bought a new dresser to put in my sewing room. The one I have in there (3 drawer) for my scraps and fat quarter size pieces is so full, I can't get any more fabric in there. My neighbor was cleaning out a storage area and gave me a paper size box full of fabric. No room!!! I also have a lady, I have never met, who had fabric to give away on freecycle a couple of years ago. She and several friends make charity quilts. She does not use or save scraps or strips! She gave me three shopping bags full of their fabric scraps. She has done this about two or three times a year. She sends me email, and I go to her house, about a mile away, and she has two or three bags on her porch for me. I iron all the pieces, and put in my 1 1/2", 2", and 3" bins. I use my Sizzix Big Shot to cut the small pieces into 1 1/2",2", 2 1/2" squares and put in the corresponding bins. Many of the pieces are large enough to fold and put in the dresser by color. Right now, I have two shopping bags, that she gave me right after Christmas, to get time to cut up. My new dresser comes on Thursday, so I'll re-organize my whole room.

Last edited by JeanieG; 01-13-2014 at 03:06 PM.