View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 06:03 PM
laxgrandma

Default Printing images on fabric

I am making a t-shirt/pennies/jersey/etc. quilt for my grandson who is (bragging grandmother alert!!!) a rock star in lacrosse. One of his best t-shirts has mysteriously disappeared. However, I do have a picture of it and want to print it onto fabric and use it as a block on the quilt. I would like any input, hints, warnings, etc., anyone can offer. I have some fabric that is for printing on with an inkjet printer. I don't even know when I purchased it. But it has a coarser, canvas-like texture. From what I've found from posts on this site and other Internet research, this works best on fabrics with denser thread counts, 200 and up. So what brands of this pretreated fabric have you found that work well? I have read about PDF (pretreated for dying) fabric. Does this work? Is the pretreatment the same as the fabric for inkjet printers? Also, generally, do these hold up to regular washing? Remember, this is going to an adolescent male. . . 'Nuff said? I've also read about Bubble Jet wash and rinse. Have you used this? Results? Thanks!