Old 01-13-2014, 06:37 PM
QuiltingNinaSue

Carrie, happy for you...may it continue to heal and be less painful.

JeanieG, you sound very busy with your sewing room; good luck in reorganizing the room. The cake is semi-homemade. I started with a Duncan Hines Delectable Carmel Cake, lined the bottom of my pan, and three days later I felt like baking the cake. I opened a large can and a small can of sliced pineapple and drained the juice into measuring cups. Placed the pineapple on top of the pan liner, and put the cherry in the middle. Reserved one whole cup of juice to use in the cake batter instead of water, had two slices of pineapple leftover that I cut up and threw into the cake batter. Mixed up with the leftover pineapple juice cornstarch and brown sugar and coated the pineapple in the bottom of the pan with that. Mixed up the cake batter with the cup of pineapple juice, the two slices cut up of pineapple, vegetable oil, and 3 large eggs and poured it over the pineapple slices in the bottom. Directions said to add the dry caramel over the top of the cake last and swirl it into the batter, which I did in swirls. Baked it according to directions and upset it into another larger pan to cool. Turned out great. Surprised me.