View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 03:22 AM
m-fay

Originally Posted by VickiM View Post
You hit it right on the head...I knew what fabric I wanted to use, but really didn't want to cut it up for the center. So I added a border to make it 24 1/2" sq. I just loved jenniky's ribbon she was putting on hers. I thought it was perfect for framing my center. As I had never made that border pattern before & there was no finished measurements on the printout, I had to make the whole border first, then found out that the center needed to be 24 1/2". That's how I decided on the size of my center...a little backwards, but it worked. I love that border & now that I've made it & found it was easier than it looked (just have to make sure the pieces are in all the right positions); I will use it for other quilts! Thanks Jen for the heads up on it! And my quilt is already 36" sq. as it is a 6 1/2" border! It is going to be a quilt for a future great-grandbaby so I will only do another border or 2 on it. I keep looking at it and am almost of a mind to just add another white/white border on it and then a border of the co-ordinating fabric. The back will be pieced with the leftovers & it will be bound with whichever I have enough to bind it with--yellow or green. The actual finishing will be in the future...just want to get the front & backing done right at the time. Anyway, here's the pics.
Just love what you've done with it and the ribbon border is just perfect for it...clever little chook you are!