View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 06:28 AM
Gerbie

Karen have you thought about doing a jelly roll quilt, that would be an easy one for beginners. You might also check out the new tutorial that Missouri Star Quilts has out on the disappearing pinwheel, since you are thinking about doing a DSP9, I know Jenny is using layer cakes in this, but you can cut your own, since they are 10"x10". Missouri Star has a lot of quick and easy tutorials, on You Tube.
Your new endeavor sounds so exciting, I wish I lived near by and could give you a helping hand- I am a retired teacher and this would be so much fun- however I live tooo far away- as I live in Texas. If you have a local or an area quilting group perhaps some of the ladies might want to give you a hand to help some of the students with their cutting or sewing. As others have suggested, advertise with your local merchants Wal Mart or any other business for donations of supplies or monetary donations to purchase supplies. Please show us pictures and keep us updated on this exciting project. Don't forget to have your students label their quilts.

Last edited by Gerbie; 01-14-2014 at 06:31 AM.