Thread: Janome 6500
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2014, 10:18 AM
quilt1950

Default Janome 6500

I'm in the market for a sewing machine with a larger throat. I just got a call from a local sewing machine store (they sell Vikings and Janomes) that they just got a used (3 years old) Janome Memory Craft 6500, and are selling it for $1,250.00. This includes sewing lessons, and the same warranties as a new machine.

I have some questions I hope you can help with.

-Is this the same machine as the 6500P? Based on my internet research, I think so, but I'd like to verify that.

-What do you think of the price? I can buy a new 6500P online for close to this price. I would not do that, I want the lessons and warranties, but I feel like I'm paying a lot for the lessons and warranties.

-For those who own this machine, what do you like/dislike. Have you had lots of repairs? Would you buy it again? I've read reviews on line, but so many people write the review after they have owned the machine for a very short period of time (one person had owned the machine for 8 hours, another wrote a review based on test driving the machine at a dealership, and did not own it.) I want to know if you are still happy after several years. I sew almost every day, so my machines get lots of use.

-I DO NOT like the salesman. I'm not sure how much of a factor that should be. I need to ask to be sure, but if he is giving the sewing lessons, I think it will be a deal breaker.

Thanks in advance for any advice you have. Buying a sewing machine is a stressful as buying a car!