Old 01-15-2014, 02:25 PM
SteveH
Banned

Originally Posted by vmaniqui View Post
an Original Centennial FW with all accessories in original boxes in excellent condition but he's selling it for $1,200

TIP 1: one thing he told me is never use Tri-Flow in your sewing machine.

TIP 2: he mentioned in cleaning up a dirty, dingy, dusty sewing machine the best method is to put Wd40 on a piece of cloth and to wipe your machine with it.

TIP 3: he said not to cut the wire to just put a heat shrink on separate bare wires and then heat shrink both.

he also mentioned that he fix 30-38 machines a week (x $150) that's a lot. that is why he's not complaining.
Well, it seems like you managed to find one of the sources of the problems that we all end up dealing with....

It is WD-40 that leaves a gummy residue, TriFlo leaves behind teflon (not gummy, a lubricant) I suspect that when (if)he tried Triflo, it loosened the old oil and then he did not clean it so the old oil became the gummy crud...

Please Email me the business info, I'd like to stop by and have a look see myself.

oh, and I call BS on the 30-38 machines per week.... No way our market supports that. ( I believe he TOLD you that, I just do not believe he does)

This sounds like the jerk in Los Gatos who is hording and trying to high price sell a bunch of old machines.. If it is the same person, I asked him once why he felt ok buying a machine locally for $40 and then cleaning and tuning it and selling it for $350.... He said his work, knowledge and warranty made it worth the difference. I asked him if once cleaned and adjusted a machine has he ever had a machine older than 50 years old come back, he said no.....