Old 01-15-2014, 03:18 PM
SewExtremeSeams

Originally Posted by Yankeegirl View Post
I'm hoping someone can give me some advice/assistance. We purchased an old house in Oct. along with its contents. I now have a Queen treadle and a Singer 66 Red Eye (very cool!!). I started cleaning up the Red Eye today and like an idiot I saw what I thought was red lint stuck by the bobbin case and have been picking & pulling at it. UGH!! Now I understand that it is a wick. How the heck do I replace this? I know I should have researched first but just didn't think clearly - one of my cats was killed last night on the road and we are trying to dig a grave for her - ground frozen, rainy awful day. So please be kind lol. I will post some pics soon to show you what I inherited here. Thanks in advance for your assistance!
Hi Yankee girl, I am so sorry to hear about your cat.

I just logged in to find out the answer to my question which is the same as yours. A few days ago DH brought home a $20 Spartan he found at a local thrift store. It will need lots of cleaning and de rusting. As I was oiling the bobbin race from underneath, I spotted what I thought to be a build up of lint. After tugging pretty hard on it with tweezers I decided it must be an oil wick of some sort. Here is a photo to show what I am talking about. I didn't manage to pull it out so it should still work, right?
Attached Thumbnails p1110239.jpg  

Last edited by SewExtremeSeams; 01-15-2014 at 03:20 PM.