Old 01-15-2014, 03:24 PM
vmaniqui

Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
Well, it seems like you managed to find one of the sources of the problems that we all end up dealing with....

It is WD-40 that leaves a gummy residue, TriFlo leaves behind teflon (not gummy, a lubricant) I suspect that when (if)he tried Triflo, it loosened the old oil and then he did not clean it so the old oil became the gummy crud...

Please Email me the business info, I'd like to stop by and have a look see myself.

oh, and I call BS on the 30-38 machines per week.... No way our market supports that. ( I believe he TOLD you that, I just do not believe he does)

This sounds like the jerk in Los Gatos who is hording and trying to high price sell a bunch of old machines.. If it is the same person, I asked him once why he felt ok buying a machine locally for $40 and then cleaning and tuning it and selling it for $350.... He said his work, knowledge and warranty made it worth the difference. I asked him if once cleaned and adjusted a machine has he ever had a machine older than 50 years old come back, he said no.....
he's from Vallejo. first time i've been there but just amazed at all the machines all over the store floor. he had a 15-91 (or 201 ??) outside with cabinet for sale but he said $125 so i said thanks. i will message you the info.

hmm. maybe i should go back to my old and trusted way of cleaning up a dingy machine - good ole' sewing machine oil. but i do agree with the carnuba/car wax to make it shine.

i might have emailed that guy or that jerk guy in los gatos. emailed him about the way he do business and the way he's fooling people. and he's still selling the singer sewing machine for the last 3 years. is that him?

yes, he said 30's per week. maybe he's exaggerating but if it does then we know exactly what business to go into, since we're at it anyway.