Old 01-15-2014, 04:39 PM
true4uca

Well said. When I first started quilting everyone said my problems was because I had a Brother machine. A Janome would help me sew straighter etc. These people had ever only had Janome so why such strong opinions against a machine they had never tried. I need a smaller machine for classes etc. I'll now get a Walmart one.(grin)

Originally Posted by Bneighbor View Post
I have the same machine, used it in our motor home for many years. I did the piecing on the road and then either did the quilting at home or sent them out to be quilted. I also used it to repair parachutes and uniforms at the racetrack. I just updated to a Innovis 1250D so I can have a larger embroidery hoop. Great little machine. Hopefully this information will help people choose machines, not on their sales location (Walmart/Target/Amazon), but for their dependability, workmanship, and price. I always say to buy the best you can afford. If the Brother sold at Walmart is the one in your price range, get it. Not everyone has the luxury of owning the top-of-the- line Quattro from a dealer.
I am glad Brother stepped up and cleared up this misconception concerning their entry level machines. (I refuse to call them low-end, as they are good machines, not crap as some would like others to believe ). There are good and bad in every line of machines. Pick any brand and you will fine people who adore them and others who have nothing but trouble and regret owning them. Thank you for posting this.