View Single Post
Old 01-15-2014, 08:46 PM
DebbE

We now have 2 rescues. We lost our elderly yorkies, litter sisters, one year apart. Sadie came first - a Coton de Tulear, and she'd been kept in a cage the first 2 years of her life (she was 4 when we got her). When she is anxious she circles like she used to in the cage, and when quite anxious (very seldom now, thank heaven), the circle is quite tight. She was scared of men - but its now been 21 months and her favorite person in the house is my DH -- she absolutely adores him. She helped our old yorkie at the end when her sight was failing - would wait for her to reach her coming out the dog door and lead her out to the yard. Second rescue arrived a couple of months after our last old yorkie died. She is a Silky Terrier named Bella, and I am thankful every day we don't have any trees in our back yard -- this breed will climb trees going after squirrels if there are limbs low enough. She has killed a huge rat out back (one bite - and it was dead) & got rid of moles that were tunneling out there, too. Hasn't gotten a bird or squirrel yet, but she will eventually as she's tenacious about hunting. We absolutely adore these two...they sleep right between us, under the covers most of the time. I cannot imagine my life without having dogs in it.