View Single Post
Old 01-15-2014, 10:54 PM
justflyingin

I have some, but I finished up a bunch of tops last year, so I feel better. I have some started projects, and plan on finishing each of them. But like others, at times, I have other people's unfinished works, so I refuse to let their gift make me somehow feel guilty. However, I want to continue to get those unfinished projects "down" in number.

One problem I have is that someone donated a bunch of ugly baby quilt tops to me. They are ugly, seriously, so I am going to cut them up as they are into squares and make them into an 'orphan block' or scrap quilt using QAYG technique with the back side a planned pattern, so at least one side will be pretty! I can't see anyone wanting the ugly side as I do have one lady who makes pretty lap/baby quilts for me, and why would someone want one of the seriously ugly ones when I have so many pretty ones?

But other than that, I am probably down to under 20-30 tops (down from about 80?) left to quilt. Of those, I have about 10 sandwiched, for when I get in the quilting mood again. Right now I'm working on my DD#1's wedding quilt. After I finish her back, I'll will work on DS#2's wedding quilt. His fiance wants an "Orange Peel" quilt.

So I guess in answer to your question, they do call my name, a little. One of them, a true Lemoyne star, I started working on years ago when I first started quilting and realized that I did start on a bit more difficult project than was a good idea, so I put it aside for a while. I'm about ready to tackle it seriously. (It is about 40 different LeMoyne stars.)