Old 01-16-2014, 06:55 PM
Milli

Originally Posted by Raggiemom View Post
I have a chance to buy a Pfaff Quilt Expression 4.0 online for $1697. Is this a good price? I plan to talk to our local dealer Wednesday to see how much they're selling them for but wanted to ask the board's opinion on the machine. I searched other threads on here and it sounds like people seem to love Pfaffs. I have a Janome 6600 but the Pfaff has a couple extra features that intrigue me. The throat is slightly bigger, the 2 FMQ modes, electronic thread tension, bobbin winding from the needle. For those of you who have the 4.0, what do you like/dislike about it? Does anyone know, are the Pfaffs still made in Germany or are they made in China now too?

Thanks for the help! My husband says if it's a good enough deal, he'll think about it!
I bought a pfaff quilt expression 4.0 in 2007, with fabric mover, I have two new motors put in it so far every time I do a quilt something goes wrong was offered $300 for trade in on babylock.
it needs to be put back in the hospital again do to tension issues. $2798 is what I paid it as cost me another $700, to have it fixed.