View Single Post
Old 03-02-2008, 03:27 AM
patricej
Administrator

yes. the class is still on. we'll cover two different ways to construct a project, with a few optional variations. :-)

sometime within the past three weeks, one of our members posted a link to her own tutuorial on Cathedral Windows. it is, without question, the best set of instructions i've ever seen for this pattern. she showed step-by-step instructions and photos of a method using both machine and hand stitching. unfortunately, i didn't bookmark the link and can't find it again.

here's hoping Ruth reads this plea and finds it for us. Ruth is THE best searcher i've ever seen. A Google Goddess. :P

i really would prefer to include that link to the other member's instructions because i want her to retain credit. today's lessons will cover a teeny-tiny variation of her method. i don't want anybody to think i thought of the whole process on my own.

supplies for the variation of the not-mine method:
16 squares for the "view through the windows". they can be all the same fabric or you can use a variety. any size you want, but i'd recommend no smaller than 3" x 3"
16 squares for the background/window frames. twice the size of your "view" squares, plus 1/2" (for example, 3" view squares and 6.5" frame squares).
optional: batting squares, 1/2" smaller than the view squares

supplies for my shortcut method:
16 squares of background; twice the size of your finished "view".
16 view squares. same size as the background.
optional: batting squares, 1/2" smaller than the finished "view".

Today, March 2 2008, 2pm eastern USA time