Old 03-02-2008, 03:30 AM
patricej
Administrator

sometime within the past three weeks, one of our members posted a link to her own tutuorial on Cathedral Windows. it is, without question, the best set of instructions i've ever seen for this pattern. she showed step-by-step instructions and photos of a method using both machine and hand stitching. unfortunately, i didn't bookmark the link and can't find it again.

here's hoping Ruth reads this plea and finds it for us. Ruth is THE best searcher i've ever seen. A Google Goddess.

i really would prefer to include that link to the other member's instructions because i want her to retain credit. today's lessons will cover a teeny-tiny variation of her method. i don't want anybody to think i thought of the whole process on my own.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
supplies for the variation of the not-mine method:

PLEASE NOTE: I DISCOVERED A HUGE MATHEMATICAL ERROR IN THE SUPPLIES LIST I POSTED EARLY THIS MORNING. HERE ARE THE CORRECTED DIMENSIONS

I started with 7" background/frame squares
After preparing the background I found I needed squares of about 1-7/8" for the "view/filler"

Roughly speaking, the background squares should be about four times the size of your filler patches.

Unless you like fiddling with teeny tiny patches, i'd recommend you either plan to finish this by hand or start with background squares of at least 11"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

supplies for the shorthcut method

16 Back-of-the-project squares, the same size as your background/frame squares

16 background/frame squares ... rougly 4 times the size of the patches you want to use as fillers

filler patches; all same fabric or a variety of scraps

Today, March 2 2008, 2pm eastern USA time