View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014, 03:47 PM
Skratchie

Default Question for Janome 8900 owners

I have the 8900 and I've been on the fence pretty much since I bought it, primarily because I have always had Brother machines. Any little issue I might have seems to be magnified, and I gave myself a year to decide whether or not I really like the machine and could get used to it or if I just need to sell it and get another Brother. The year is coming to a close and I still can't decide if I want to keep the 8900, though I have already decided to buy a new Brother.

That said, I've had a ... problem? Issue? Concern? I can be sewing along, straight stitch, piecing, and all of a sudden my 8900 makes a loud knocking noise. It sounds like the bobbin case is coming out, and I can feel something in the bottom of the machine move and hit the bobbin cover area. Obviously I don't see it since there's fabric covering the area, but I'm not sure what it is. It just happens once or twice and then it stops (I stop sewing but it's already resolved itself by the time I can process and react to the noise).

Anyone else notice this with their machine? I seem to be the only person in the world that isn't completely enamored with this machine, so I'm not sure if it's my persona prejudices making this out to be worse than it is, or if it's a real issue. I do intend to take the machine in to be cleaned, but the dealer I bought it from is hours away and not convenient for anything.

Suggestions?