View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014, 06:01 PM
Skratchie

MrsDerf ... I am probably not the right person to ask. One day I love it, the next day I'm just ok with it. LOL I love the wide throat, and overall, it's not a bad machine. But I'm one of those people who believe that people and machines have chemistry and I don't know ... the chemistry here is just "off" for me. I sit down at a Brother machine and it's like angels start singing, but with the Janome, it's like dating someone you like but don't love, if that makes sense. If you already have a Janome, you will probably love it. I made the jump and I sort of regret it, but that doesn't mean anyone else will.

The biggest problem I have is that I bought this machine at the Austin quilt show from a dealer that's in that area, so it's a good two hour or more drive for me to get there to get any help. I can't just stop in and ask them about the machine and the problems, and trying to call them isn't too helpful because they do a lot of internet/phone business. If I had it to do all over again, I wouldn't buy a machine from a dealer who's so far away for this reason alone. In fact, I am going to buy my next machine from a particular dealer because he's 10 miles or so from my house, he's got good prices, and they have great customer service. But honestly, my favorite part is that he's 10 miles away, not 30, not 50 and certainly not 150! Lesson learned there. I can get classes, stop by and ask questions, and take the machine back to them to be serviced.

I've been back and forth between keeping the machine and selling it, but right now I'm definitely leaning toward selling since in March I'll be getting a Brother DreamCreator VM5100 ... I don't think I need two wide throat machines, but I haven't made a final decision yet. I might wait until I get the new machine to make a final decision.

But I am glad to know that I'm not the ONLY one who's had a problem with the machine making noise. I really do think I'm the only person who's got this machine that isn't totally in love with it. And I'll look for the forum too! Thanks for that suggestion.