View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014, 07:47 PM
vmaniqui

Originally Posted by Rach L. View Post
Ok, I think 47 is a fantastic deal! See where I could use guidance, LOL. Mine does not have the case . I was hoping to get one off of eBay. The 99's in my area that have the case seem to be priced around the 60-100 range, and are not in immaculate shape. I have no idea how many are actually selling though. Many are located 50+ miles away from me, so unless I can get a really good price, it won't justify the cost in gas to pick it up.
but sometimes it's the joy of driving that will make it even priceless. some people here doesn't factor the cost of driving to get the machine. they say it's the sheer fun and joy and the thought that a nice machine is waiting for you out there. 50+ miles is nothing. steveh one time drove over 1,600 miles (i think or maybe more) for a sewing machine. he will drive any place that is drivable for a machine he wants. that is what i will call a true hardcore antique collector.

i read it somewhere that a collector is someone who collect things that he wants without thinking that he can sell it at a profit later on. you collect because you like and love those things. cheers.