Old 01-18-2014, 08:54 AM
janRN

Just catching up; computer gremlins were here again last night & this morning. MrJanRn is great at fixing things but he cannot teach! I ask him to show me what he's doing so if it happens again I can fix it myself. He just hits buttons, switches screens, and voila! It's fixed. I guess I have to keep him around a while longer LOL.

Anne, I love that earlier stack & wack--I agree, stripes! Beautiful fabric for your 4PP and it's coming along nicely.

Mirab, Anael & I are so glad you didn't post the calorie count of your delicious recipe (altho that's never stopped me before). Maybe I'll stick to the virtual calories in QNS's RV; no with my metabolism, I'd grow virtual hips!! Hooray that you're going to do DJ--are you done with it yet? (Just kidding--you amaze me with how much you accomplish). I love the 4PP that you did and agree, it looks like beautiful floor tiles).

Anael, sounds like you're experimenting with your crock pot. I had to get used to the settings on mine. I usually start things on "high" but after an hour or so lower it to "medium". My "medium" setting still seems a little high to me but I've learned when to turn it to "low". I make mostly soups in mine so I start them around 10am and they're done by 5pm. If you add rice to your soups, MEASURE!! I didn't and added too much rice. Smelled really good but when I came down from the Bat Cave the rice had expanded so much it pushed the lid off and I had rice & broth all over the counter top and running onto the floor. If you want any good soup recipes let me know.

Bev, have fun in Brady. Carrie, don't over do it. It's hard to take it easy when you're so used to being active. GGal, I always enjoy your posts; you must be super busy, missing you. Janie & DD hope all is well. QNS--listen to your body & rest when it tells you to! (I know--nurses are nags LOL but we care). GrannyQ lots of prayers and positive vibes heading your way. Jeanie, PLEASE send some warm, windy weather here!! We're headed for another week of a polar vortex (don't know what that means other than below zero temps). All, have a happy day & do something you love.