Old 01-18-2014, 06:19 PM
janRN

GrannyQ, I'm so glad you like your MB. I love doing that pattern. Good to hear that your DH didn't have major problems with his chemo rx, continued prayers for both of you.

QNS, I love those flamingos and what they became in your quilt. I have to share a story about our plastic neighborhood flamingo. I love the pink plastic flamingos, my neighbor thought it was tacky when I put it in our yard. I went out one morning and it was hanging from one of the eaves of the garage. I got him down and took him and put him in the center of my neighbor's oh-so-perfectly manicured & landscaped garden. A week later the flamingo was floating on an inflatable chair in another neighbor's pool. A week after that the flamingo was on a serving platter with lettuce around him on another neighbor's picnic table. This went on all summer with each neighbor trying to out-do the one before him. Hmm..never did get my flamingo back LOL!

Quick recipe for crock-pot: Classic Minestrone
2 carrots, diced
2 ribs celery, diced
1 medium onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 cups chicken broth
1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
salt & pepper to taste
1 tsp Italian seasoning

Put all in crock pot, cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.

About 30 minutes before serving add 1 cup small shell pasta or elbow macaroni, 1 15 oz can cannellini beans (rinsed & drained), and 1 cup shredded kale or spinach. Cover, increase heat to high and cook til pasta is tender (about 30 min). Serve with Parmesan cheese.

This makes about 6 good sized servings. I usually freeze half in individual size servings. Freezes well. Enjoy.