View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 09:09 AM
alisonquilts

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
Sorry, we did not meet your dreams!!

Another idea ... what about fray check? I have no idea as to its chemical composition or potential melt-ability to the peeling stuff. I don;t suppose you would be lucky enough to have another peeling t-shirt to experiment with?

Looks like you just might have to pass it back to your client with the cautionary warnings! Surely they will understand, being that the "defect" is in their supplied t-shirt? hope so!!!
If all our dreams were met right away what would be the point of life? (she says philosophically...)

No, the client won't fuss at all, and probably won't even notice! I'm just being anal about it, as I want my handiwork to last a long time. And no, unfortuantely I don't have any shirts with that kind of image on them.

Originally Posted by mpspeedy2 View Post
You might check with a shop that makes those kind of T shirts and ask if it is possible to repress it on their machine. I have done several T shirt quilts on commission and I kick myself every time I say yes. The last one had mostly those jersey type shirts a lot of teams wear now that are made out of some kind of silky feeling mesh. They were a bear to stabilize. The customer was thrilled and told me she would call me when she had enough shirts to make one for her other son. I hope she never calls back.
Excellent idea to contact a T-shirt shop. I don't think re-pressing would work (since it is already in the quilt) but they could probably tell me what options I have. And I too always say "never again" after finishing a T-shirt quilt, but this particular person has had me make her three, and is sooooo appreciative of my work that it is very hard to say no! (And she doesn't quibble about the price, which is refreshing.)

Thanks for your help!

Alison