View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 10:53 AM
nancia

Sandyz-- using the la was a blast! I did a large meander, so it was very quick, or I was enjoying it so much the time flew! For me, the most time consuming was advancing the quilt. I took a class at my lqs so i can use their machine at an hourly rate, and it translated well to my friend's machine. She has just acquired a computerized machine so while she played with that i used her old machine. How cool is that?!! I didn't do a great job, but for a first attempt i am pleased! I will now need to make another quilt for the French doors, or else make a valance for the quilt I've made. Have an idea for some blocks that are partially done and might work. That would be another UFO biting the dust, and no new fabric. Woo hoo!
Brat-- I'm proud of you! You used good restraint! I found that if i cancelled my subscription to the fabric sites i was less tempted to buy from them. I know how to get to connecting threads without them teasing me with yummy goodies ! Lol, as I have proven often enough! 8-/ ,lol! I did buy some of the red and the blue in precuts and will be making the five and dime quilt soon, too. Then they will be gone and i will have another quilt to play la with! I have picked out fabrics and then just left the site, reminding myself there is no need to buy more! But it's hard! I'm proud of all of us who are doing it! And if you fall off the wagon, get back in! The world won't end, you won't face a firing squad, and you can start over from that point. Don't beat yourself up, we're addicts, after all.