View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 02:26 PM
azwendyg

Default Star Quilt Top Just Finished

I've been working on this one for the past few weekends and just finished piecing the top. The colors don't show quite in these pictures, but they show the piecing pretty well. I usually don't choose patterns that require too much precision in the piecing, so this one was a really challenge for me. I'm really happy with the points, and I spent some time getting my seam allowances right so that the blocks (as well as the whole top) turned out exactly the right measurements.

Next I get to start designing the FMQ for it!

The whole top measures about 64" square and is based on a pattern I bought online a few years ago called "Evening Star".

[ATTACH=CONFIG]457489[/ATTACH]

Those pretty points make me smile. I've been avoiding this kind of design because I wasn't confident about getting them just right, but I'm sure happy with how this turned out.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]457490[/ATTACH]

I added the borders and this design element to jazz it up a little more and make the quilt large enough to be a nice warm sofa throw.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]457491[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails greenbluequilt.jpg   greenbluebordercenter.jpg   greenblueborderdesign.jpg