View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 02:51 PM
athorstad

Default Intermittent tension issue

I've been wrestling with tension issues while quilting for the last couple of quilts, and haven't been able to solve it using the usual methods (changing needle tension, replacing needle, rethreading, using the same type of thread in needle and bobbin, etc). When I do a sample using the same fabric and batting as I'm using for my quilt and keep the setting at 8 or 9, everything is fine. When I work with the actual quilt, however, I get some stitches from the needle thread showing on the back. By "some," I mean that for an inch or two it will look fine, and then for the next inch or so I will get the needle color on the back. This has been consistent for two quilts where I've used different colors for needle and bobbin thread (but same brand and weight). I have a Husqvarna Viking Emerald 116 and am using a walking foot that is meant for my machine. My pressure foot is set to 2 and my stitch length is also set at 2 (I think it's about 12 stitches/inch).I've done tons of searching around the web but haven't found anything to explain the periodic showing of the needle thread on the back. Thank you!!