Old 01-19-2014, 09:39 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

JeanieG ... oh just go for it and start a SAW!

CarrieM ... great Kaleidos!

GGal ... so good to see you!! Would love to see your Kaleido quilts. Have any pics to show us?

Honchey ... looks like a pretty sweet machine! Love your fabric for your next 4PP .... or what about doing a OBW? For your casserole, I would just make scalloped potatoes and add in the ham (along with some onions!). Are you making your sauce first? or just layering in the butter, flour and seasonings and then pouring milk over top? That's the way my Mom made it, and never had the flour pockets, but I never could. So instead I make the a white sauce and then just pour it on already thickened.

OKSGlad ... what a whirlwind of activity! OOPS re charity quilts ... better you remembered them this weekend instead of midweek! How soon will Bob Cratchit be unemployed?

Hope everyone had a good weekend ... I did!

Met friends at a restaurant last night for supper, and en route was able to stop by an LQS that I seldom visit. They were celebrating the lights being back on with a 30% off everything in the store sale! So a mini-FART and got 2 cans 505 and a small packet of the Clover Clips. And .......... those double pointed needles I had been looking forward. OK, some fabric too which included a piece of the material I was wanting to use for my D4P backing, but was fearful I had enough!

Some sewing yesterday ..... and a good day of it today. A lot of time spent on matching the seams of this backing fabric. The tulips are each about two inches across. Insanity ... but I got it done! ONe seam is the full length of the quilt (vertical in the middle of the pic) and a seam about 1/2 way down the right panel. Unfortunately, the marking line is still showing in this pic. Matched?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]457551[/ATTACH]

So that has me on track for completing my January goals ... still some to do, but we still have twelve days to go!

How's everyone coming with their January To Do's???
Attached Thumbnails d4pseamsmatched-2-.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltE; 01-19-2014 at 09:43 PM.