View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 07:17 AM
onaemtnest

Originally Posted by peaceandjoy View Post
LOVE my Slidelock! Actually, I have two, but normally use the 14". Both have the "lighted edge" which isn't really lighted, but a tint that reflects light. When I cut yardage, I fold in half twice - once selvedge to selvedge, then again - so 4 layers thick. Cuts without a problem. I have also cut 8 layers... Not sure I'd recommend that, but I've done it. Keep in mind, you have to have a good blade in your cutter. The Slidelock prevents any slippage at all.
I totally agree with peace and joy and this is how I cut multiple layers with 14" slide lock. I've had the 14" 'lighted' one for over a year or perhaps two years...and like other's have said, it's worth every penny and believe me I watch my pennies.

They ship fast (Priority) and reasonably from the website. Perhaps they have show specials, one could always contact them by email and ask for the show special price if you cannot make it to one of the shows.

http://quiltersslidelock.com/

Please remember the 'lighted' is the reflective tint of the acrylic material there is no light per say. I find that with my 'older' eyes the lighted slide lock takes the shadows away, even though I have great lighting over my cutting table, with positional lights the shadows were troublesome to me. With the slide lock it 'lighted' it has eliminated those shadows.

Last edited by onaemtnest; 01-20-2014 at 07:26 AM.