View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 07:38 AM
GrannieAnnie

Default What value..........

Here's the situation..........
I will be donating some items made from donated bits of fabric to a silent auciton. I need to put a value on the items that is fair but that also makes the item look like a good deal for the person bidding.

One set of pillowcases------------gingerbread men with red trim. Sort of Christmasy but could be for a kiddo any time of the year. I'm thinking a value of $25 for the pair. I've read on this board before the some folks are selling the pillowcases for about $15 each.

And I'll be making a rag quilt for kiddos, maybe two, about 40" by 60" probably (mine work themselves out!). Again the fabric is donated, so I don't have a supplies cost to base my value on. I'm thinking $50. Personally, I'd never pay that for a rag blanket, but I've made a few from newly purchased fabric that cost me more than that.

And a table runner---------again from fabric that didn't cost me a cent. $25 value??

I'm sort of basing my numbers on what a bidder would consider a great buy for his bid. I can always go higher on my value---------but at what stage does my "value" become laughable?

Please don't ask me for pics. This board will not allow me to post pics.

Thanks for your suggestions