Old 01-20-2014, 08:13 AM
ShowMama

Ooh, these stories are horrible! I hope one of my quilts NEVER ends up in a doghouse! However, I am also a believer that whenever I give a quilt away, I am no longer in control of how it is used. It belongs to the eventual recipient to use as he or she pleases. To the best of my knowledge, none of my quilts has been misused as some of the others in this thread. I guess the worst thing that happened with one of my quilts was a queen-sized one I made and gave to a local youth support organization for a fundraiser. The quilt was to be auctioned off. It was a very colorful scrappy quilt made in the Cobblestones pattern, and I was very proud of it. I machine pieced it and paid to have it machine quilted. Well, at the fundraiser auction, a man from where I worked and whom I absolutely DETEST purchased it. It made me cringe to think of my quilt ending up on his bed. But my brain said, "let it go, it's his now", and I did. Of course, the $525.00 he paid for that quilt certainly helped ease my mind as that money went to help local schoolkids.