Old 01-20-2014, 04:56 PM
wildyard

Thought I'd post a progress photo of my orphan quilt UFO I'm working on. I'm at a decision making spot and after making so many in the process of getting the two side panels and the center panel done, I'm stalling out a bit. The largest blocks, the hearts, are 12" so I had to decide how to bring all the smaller blocks out to that width.

I now have to decide whether to put a single row of something across the center panel to add the 5.5" it needs to equal the side panels, or to put a 3" row at top and bottom. I also want to add a little width so am thinking to add strips lengthwise between the center panel and the two side panels. My inclination is to keep it busy by using sections of leftover pieced binding, but I know about the eyes needing places to rest too.

If I knew who was going to be the recipient of this quilt it would be easy to make these choices, but this is the first quilt I've made without someone in mind to receive it beforehand.

Today I took a break from it and sewed up 34 kaleidoscope blocks that I've had cut out for a while and have been using as leaders and enders, so I just finished up the pile for something else to work on. LOL I can't post photos of them yet, but will once they are pressed and my design wall is free.
Attached Thumbnails bhf-progress.jpg  

Last edited by wildyard; 01-20-2014 at 05:03 PM.