Old 01-21-2014, 03:03 AM
NJ Quilter

I'm certainly no expert and not trying to offend, but perhaps your friend is correct. The room does seem to have an 'industrial' tone to it. Since you've already de-cluttered your pegboard, I think maybe you're on the right track with cutting it down. Possibly have a couple of different spots for that. One quite utilitarian and maybe the other(s) a bit more inspirational?

It seems like you might be looking to cozy up the space a bit. Do you have a quilt or 3 that you could drape over your chair to soften things up a bit?

As to the new table, are you interested in getting something with a lift possibly? That would at least get you to the set in you want for daily use and allow you the flexibility to use the embroidery function when wanted/needed?

Can you put some of your containers under your cutting/ironing stations? Gets them out of the way/declutters but still leaves them accessible?

This is about the best I can come up with at the moment. I'm sure others will be along shortly who are much more creative.