Old 01-21-2014, 06:49 AM
incoming2me

NJ Quilter: I do have a quilt that drapes over the back of the purple chair.. I didn't even notice it missing! All of the space under the tables are taken with totes of fabric and in the case of the gate-leg table.. more sewing machines. (Imagine that!) I would love-love-love a table with a lift, however, it's not in the budget. We are saving for a HVAC by the summer. I've been scouring craigslist and other local postings for a sturdy solid wood table to "Ikea hack" into an inset table. My idea is to retain the cut-out and make it "replaceable" to fit in the hole to create a solid table surface to place the machine on to embroider.

Scrappy Gram: I found the laptop stand about 4 years ago at Wal-greens for about $15. It's quite handy!

Sandygirl: Thanks for the encouragement, you said it perfectly.. "visual clutter is a de-motivator for me" !!!!

Wall space is at a premium and I'm quite lacking. I suppose if I were to get rid of the gate-leg table and move my GO! station down I could put an armoire type piece in-between the windows. It would be nice if I had a piece of furniture to repurpose! The purple chair is huge and omg so comfie. When everyone is here for Quilt Festival, we call it the "Sleepy Chair" because all of us hvae taken a nap in it at one point in time.

Here's a link to an old thread where I posted my sewing room in other incarnations.. one of them a disaster in process. (from 2011)

http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...t104454-2.html