View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 09:05 AM
feffertim

Originally Posted by tkwolcott View Post
I'm frugal too, but saw these demonstrated at a local quilt show and bought one. And I'm so glad I did! I make about 400 pillowcases a year to donate to children's hospitals, and have the longer ruler. After looking at the clear versus "lighted" I opted for the lighted one and am very pleased with it. It's great for all the WOF cutting. The ruler has springs with synthetic ball bearings spaced along the length of it, which ensures no fabric slipping. And it requires little pressure to use. Clearly a lot of thought went into the design, and it's incredibly effective. I can't imagine making one for the price that they charge, even if they are mass producing them. I know I've saved enough in increased cutting efficiency (speed) and accuracy (no more slipped rulers that cost me yardage $$ and frustration) to more than pay for it in the year that I've had it.
I agree, it is so well made and when you see how its made with the little balls along the length, I don't think it is too expensive for what you get. I also have saved a lot of fabric from fabric slippage, so I think it's a wise investment. It is so well made, it will last forever.