View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 06:44 PM
Candace

Originally Posted by Rach L. View Post
Since these Elna's aren't a favorite, are the Neechi's better to watch out for?

Candace, did you not like how the Supermatics operated, or is it that you just didn't care for the machine in general?
I think machines match our sewing needs and personality. I much prefer Elna's later model the 62C (Star Series). The Supermatic series aren't for me because of a few things. #1, the drop in bobbin can be a bit fiddly with thicker threads #2 the feed dogs don't lower and I don't care for the snap on feed dog cover #3 I don't care for knee control power-I much prefer the typical foot control #4 The pulley issue is always there...even when it's replaced, the machine needs to be either turned by hand every day so as to not develop a flat spot or left stored with the handwheel unscrewed and released from putting pressure on the pulley. So, every time I use it, I have to get out my screw driver and take a few minutes to tinker with it to get the handwheel pushed in and going again. Kind of a pain...

It's a personal thing. Some people love them. Me...I love other machines more. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Candace; 01-22-2014 at 06:46 PM.