View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 04:16 AM
ThayerRags

Originally Posted by oldsewnsew
ROFL!! no comment.
Yea, I took a chance at getting blasted with that smoke alarm comment. It’s an inside joke around here. My wife and I cook nearly all of our own meals, and we had a Big George Foreman Rotisserie in the kitchen for a few years. We really liked the food that it cooked, but it had a tendency to smoke just enough once in a while to set off one of our nearby smoke alarms. It had one of the heating elements directly under the food, so everything dripped on it.

It was good for testing the smoke alarm regularly, but was larger than we needed for just the two of us, so we gave it our daughter to use for her family. It doesn’t set her alarm off.

We went to a yardsale last Saturday and found a smaller unused Ronco Rotisserie that we bought and have used every evening since then. We’re waiting to see if we can set the smoke alarm off with this one too, but so far, just good food and no alarm.

Back to Randy the 31-15, I got the bobbin winder cleaned up and attached to the stand top yesterday, and I worked on cleaning up some of his thumbscrews while I ran both Randy and the winder with the motor to distribute the oil in them more. I wiped the excess oil off of the base of the balance wheel this time, and it made a significant difference. No oil roaster-tail this time. Oh, and I had my apron on this time too, just in case.....

CD in Oklahoma