Old 01-23-2014, 02:38 PM
mirabelle

QuiltE what a beautiful collection of blocks you have, do you have a plan on putting them together ????

Thank you everyone for the compliments, I will share how I made and sewed this design. I have had the Infinite Feather Template for a number of years but have never used it (couldn't figure out how it worked) and yesterday had that aha moment..(only after reading the instructions) that seems to work when all else fails

So I drew up the size of the block I needed and drew the circle and using the template drew the feathers in. This took a couple of attempts to get the right number of feathers to fit the circle. So when I was happy with it I cut the centre out and using this paper template I drew the circle onto my block and with a couple of placement markers for angles I drew in the feathers using the stencil. The centre feathers are sewn freehand, I just marked the centre point and the outside echo is also freehand.

I was going to use the paper template and had punched holes in it but soon realised that it would not last for 15 blocks. I have quilted 4 blocks but have had to unpick 2 as I was not happy with my thread choice, I chose a darker thread called Old Gold as I wanted to be able to see the design.

Have a great day everyone and stay safe with your horrid weather, it is 8.30 in the morning here and I am perspiring already. Humidity is around 80% as we had overnight rain.
Attached Thumbnails dscf0850.jpg   dscf0851.jpg