View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 04:20 AM
Sandygirl

Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
a woman in her late sixties with bad knees (cannot easily get down on floor or up again)? I especially need to strengthen abdominals and back/spine. It would help to have exercises explained very well, and to have workouts limited to 10 minutes or so. In the past I have tried beginning yoga and tai chi DVDs but, to be absolutely honest, they move so slowly I can't stand it. I am impatient and need something that will move me through the exercises at a steady pace that isn't too slow. I looked on Amazon but find the choices really confusing, and I don't want to end up with ten more DVDs that don't work for me!
Pilates, Yoga and Tai Chi are PERFECT for how you describe your abilities. What is the hurry? All build strength, flexibility, and balance. At your age...and mine...what more can we ask for?? And you can tailor your workouts in any time increment you want. I used to be a gym rat and spent hours on the treadmill, weight training, etc. My body feels more ancient than it did ten years ago. Partly my fault..I travel for work and I no longer belong to the gym. Bit I am an avid , brisk walker. I do need to get back to Yoga/Pilates. It is something you can do anywhere.

I agree that Tai Chi is too slow..BORING in my eyes.

sandy